Our clients include architects, developers, municipalities, arts organizations, designers, and private collectors.
With over 70 years of combined experience in the arts sector, we provide assistance with projects of all scopes and sizes, from local to international, including:
* Art creation in various media for both indoor and outdoor settings
* Thematic art integration and art selection (art procurement, artist calls, short-listing)
* Art installation, including liaising with municipalities, engineers, architects and other professionals
* Sculpture maintenance and restoration
* Community consultation and education including presentations and speaking engagements
* Strategic planning
* Concept papers
* Fund development research and grant writing
* Overall project coordination from concept to completion
Arts Portal Inc. can provide guidance and support to a client working on major Art or Cultural projects.
Here are some ways we can help:
1. Project Planning: We can work with the client to develop a comprehensive project plan that outlines the scope, budget, timeline, and goals of the project. We can help the client identify potential risks and challenges and develop strategies to mitigate them.
2. We point our clients in the right direction through strategic planning and SWOT analysis
3. Funding and Grants: Arts Portal Inc. can assist the client in securing funding and grants for the project. We can help the client identify potential funding sources, develop funding proposals, and navigate the application process.
4. Artist Selection and Management: An Arts Portal Inc. consultant can assist the client in selecting and managing the artists involved in the project. They can help the client identify potential artists, negotiate contracts, and manage the artist’s work to ensure that it meets the project’s goals and timeline.
5. Venue and Site Selection and Management: Arts Portal Inc. can help the client identify and secure a suitable site or venue for the project. We can negotiate venue contracts, oversee logistics, and ensure that the venue meets the project’s technical requirements.
6. Marketing and Promotion: An Arts Portal Inc. consultant can assist the client in developing a marketing and promotion strategy for the project. We can help the client identify target audiences, develop marketing materials, and plan promotional events.
7. Evaluation and Assessment: We can help the client evaluate and assess the success of the project. We can develop evaluation criteria, collect data, and analyze results to provide the client with feedback on the project’s effectiveness.
Some of our past projects and clients include:
Cowichan Public Art Gallery Society (CPAG): Instrumental in the creation of a not-for-profit society with a mission of establishing a Schedule A public art gallery in the Cowichan Valley
Okanagan Thompson International Sculpture Symposium Society: Project Coordination: This project brought 22 pieces of monumental public art to 8 separate communities.
Government of Belize – National Institute of Culture and History (NICH): Project Coordination: First International Stone Carving Symposium
Government of China (Chan Chung): International Sculpture Conference: Delivered paper on “Sculpting in the Digital Age”
Castlegar Sculpture Walk: Provided initial consultation to create the overall concept and framework for this annual event and judged the competition for the first 2 years
Lake Placid Developments: Consulted on interior and exterior art integration and created site-specific artworks
City of Kelowna: Sculpture removal, storage and re-installation for downtown revitalization project, sculpture restoration, consultants to public art committee.
Government of Vietnam: Selection of 30 western sculptors to create monumental public artworks.
Westside Arts and Business Council: Led the formation of a group to facilitate business partnerships for various community art projects
Westside Sculpture Symposium: Lead organizers for a sculpture symposium in partnership with Westbank First Nations
Denman Island Summer School of Fine Arts: Lead the formation of a summer school offering varied arts programming
SculpturesPacific Magazine: Founding partners and editors of a digital magazine focusing on sculpture in the Pacific Rim.
Overall, an Arts Portal Inc. consultant can provide valuable expertise and guidance to a client working on a major project. We can help the client manage the project effectively, overcome challenges, and ensure that the project meets its goals and is successful.